Announcing a free seminar for doctors and hygienists:
Part one: OPIOIDS– a practical approach to understanding classes, interactions, addiction and management of your patients
Presented by Dmitry Arbuck, MD
Dmitry M. Arbuck, MD, President and Medical Director of the Indiana Polyclinic will present this session which will focus on the following:
- Understanding opioids as a class.
- Understanding the differences between opioids.
- Understanding interactions between opioids and other classes of medications.
- Recognizing addiction issues in your patients and knowing ways to deal with addicted patients
- Dr. Arbuck will finish the session with Q&A on chronic pain management.
Part 2: Ethics, Jurisprudence and Professional Responsibility
Presented by Jay Dziwlik, MBA, CAE
Jay T. Dziwlik, MBA, CAE, Assistant Executive Director of the Indiana Dental Association, will present this part of the seminar, which fulfills the two hour requirement for dentist and dental hygienist license renewal.
This fast paced, interactive and entertaining program will provide an opportunity for peer interaction on those “sticky situations” every professional faces in practice. The speaker has an up to date, insightful review of the Indiana practice acts and rules affecting your practice and patients. You will laugh and learn something as you fulfill your Indiana State Board of Dentistry CE requirement.
At the end of the course you will have completed the following learning objectives:
- Peer to peer interaction on dental specific ethical situations.
- Reviewed portions of the Indiana statutes and rules that relate to the practice of dentistry and hygiene.
- Discussed the principles of ethics and code of professional conduct.
- Reviewed and drawn out applications to some of the professional responsibilities of dentists and hygienists.
Wednesday, November 8th, 2017
Registration will begin at 12:30 p.m.
7202 East 21st Street
Indianapolis, IN 46219
3.5 hours of Continuing Education
Sponsored by Straumann, Henry Schein Dental & Dental TI
Contact Trisha LaRoche to register:
(317) 913-2363 x326