meet the doctor
John Pruitt, DDS, MD
Hello, I grew up in Indianapolis and have been in private practice oral and maxillofacial surgery since 1995. I have been on staff at two level 1 trauma centers during my career, but my practice is now mostly all office-based. I have an interest in incorporating new technology into my office, such as 3-D virtual surgical planning for implant dentistry.
- Undergraduate – DePauw University
- Dental school – The Ohio State University
- Medical school – University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Residency – Carle Foundation Hospital
- American Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- American Dental Board of Anesthesiology
I have served in various leadership positions with my state oral surgery society and IU Health Methodist Hospital. I have been a volunteer faculty member for I.U. School of Dentistry and participated in six international faith-based service trips performing oral surgery. I have been a Spear Study Club leader since 2014.
I have five children, two grandchildren, one dog, and one very patient wife. For fun I like to play tennis, travel, and play live music (keyboards).
- Indiana University Health – IU Health Methodist
- Community Surgery Center North
- Senate Street Surgery Center
- Meridian South Surgery Center